Saturday, July 21, 2007

London Calling....


































































































Vacation finally arrived! I met Bobby in London. He was waiting for me at the arrival terminal at Heathrow airport...It was my first time to London. I liked it, though I like NYC better as far as I can tell and as far as big, global English-speaking cities go. But the sites were amazing! And since Bobby lived there, he knew what to see and I didn't have to do any annoying map-reading or tour guide navigating. We took the "tube" everywhere. I especially loved shopping (ok, window shopping) on Bond Street and high tea at the Ritz was a real treat. They were very snobby there (they made Bobby put on a jacket and tie...for afternoon tea!) and wouldn't allow photos, so I had to just snap one on the sly. We also saw a play at the Globe theater (where Shakespeare in Love was filmed and right around the corner from the site of the original Globe theater back in the Elizabethan days). We saw Merchant of Venice, which was fantastic or "brilliant" as the Brits say. We also went to Madame Tussaud's wax museum, which I was skeptical at first, thinking it would be very gimmicky, but it turned out to be a total blast....oh, and we ate lots of fish and chips! The only edible meal for the money in London...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home