Who's the drunk Irishman with no teeth?

So, my cousin and I are enjoying our unending plates of pork when a huge group of drunk Irishmen sit next to us. First, I thought of Bobby and missed him, then I was just annoyed because they were drunk and loud, and smelled like they just crawled out of the gutter. What were drunk Irishmen who just crawled out of the gutter doing in a very high-end Japanese restaurant in Shibuya? It just didn't make sense...Then a flood of screaming Japanese women run up to the drunksest of the drunkards and they're crying and screaming and taking pictures with their cell phones and asking for autographs and I'm thinking "did Bono age rapidly and lose his teeth in a bar brawl?...who the hell is this guy?" Bryant and I had no clue. So, Bobby to the rescue. I called Bobby at work and he immidiately said "Oh, my god, you're sitting next to Shane MacGowan...whoever that is. But according to my favorite Irishmen, he's the lead singer of a band called The Pogues and is quite a rock-n-roll legend. I'm a little embarassed about not knowing who he was. But that actually made it much easier to go up and ask for his photo. Bobby says he's going to email it to everyone he knows...I wish I had worn makeup. And what's with the Irish rock stars following me around? Brunch with Bono four times...and now this. Maybe I should abandon my career and become a groupie. I'm good at it, without really trying. So old Shane was a nice guy (even though it's hard to understand what he's saying because he has no teeth). He asked where Bobby was from and I showed him and his girlfriend pictures of us on my cell phone...The whole entourage of Irishmen was nice really. Bryant hit it off with the drummer, they were talking about Shanghai and Austin and Beckett of all things...The highlight of the rock run-in was when I told Bobby I could put him on the phone and he said "Amy, I can't talk to Shane MacGowan at work." Let's hear it for the Irish!

3 Comments:
This is priceless...you and Bryant were in the right place at the right moment. The only thing better...would have been if Robert could be there too!
Amy:
Glad you and Bryant had such a good time. You sure have the luck with the Irish. Another "OVER DELIVERY"!!
Are you holding this guy up? I think if you weren't sitting there next to him he might fall off his chair.
Post a Comment
<< Home