Monday, January 01, 2007

A Japanese Chrismakkah









We celebrated a wonderful combination of Hanukkah and Christmas in Tokyo...How random is that? Bobby arrived on X-Mas Eve for a whole week (which went by too quickly). I went out to Narita to meet him wearing my Santa hat. We headed back to my apartment, went to a neighborhood Indian restaurant (adding more randomness to the evening) and then just stayed in with champagne and SO many presents....I had to work on Christmas but we met for lunch and had our first of many traditional Japanese meals. Bobby's first reaction when they brought our plates was "Is this it?" and then we talked about where we'd go for lunch, after lunch. After lunch we sang karaoke by my office, which is a whole other subject. Bobby is an AMAZING singer! I had absolutely no idea that he could carry a tune. It was impressive, but it also made karaoke highly annoying. Here I was completely tune deaf and he's sounding exactly like Oasis, Morrissey, Bono, you name it...I had a pretty good "Me and My Bobby McGee" but other than that it was pathetic...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home