Saturday, September 09, 2006

Follw-up up on "Email Etiquette"



So, my very polite lunch meeting showed up at my office, with a map. We proceeded to wander around in 90 degree heat and humidity looking for this restaurant that he had warned me was, very difficult to find. About 20 minutes later, I was ready to suggest that we just eat at Subway instead (two more stamps and I'll have a free sandwich!). But we found the place, and I have to say, it was wonderful, worth the map, worth the wandering around, worth the excessively polite email. We turned down an alley (finally, the right alley after going down about 5 wrong alleys), to find this tiny pre-war Japanese house. We took off our shoes and they gave us little cloth bags for them (you usually leave them at the door, which would've bothered me that day because I was wearing my Ferragamo’s) and sat on the floor and ate bento. I put a raw egg on my white rice (the usual) here. I had never tried it before but it wasn't bad, well, not too bad. The only downside to the long, opulent lunch was that I was still hungry after wards. After all that, I had to fight the urge to get Subway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home