Saturday, August 05, 2006
About Me
- Name: texas-tokyo-girl
- Location: New York, New York, United States
I'm a transplanted South Texas weed with wiry hair that is graying before its time. Taking after a Gypsy ancestor I never knew, I moved to New York five years ago with a red suitcase now being used as below-the-bed storage in my tiny East Village apartment. Soon I will leave all that I love in New York to move to Tokyo. Hoping to unleash some creativity, career advancement and more than a healthy does of nostalgia for Texas, I'll move the Land of the Rising Sun soon. This blog is about that move, because god knows, I won't be able to communicate with anyone there so, hell, I might as well spill my guts to complete strangers in Cyberspace.
Previous Posts
- Giving new meaning to "creative work environment"
- Missing my best friend, Barrydale...
- Death to Miffy
- Japanese Elvis
- The Barbarian and the Geisha
- Tokyo Friends (sans Aika) and Ice Bar
- Sign Language
- Ruminations on Marhsmallows
- Tokyo Apartment Hunting (or Just Take My First Bor...
- Me and My Bobby McGee




3 Comments:
OK, call me stupid, but what is a man date?
Ha! You know what they say, you can take the editor off, page one, but...
A "man-date" is an outing between two straight men that seems like it could be a date but is strictly plutonic. So, two dudes going to a new musuem exhibit and dinner together, or a movie and a new wine bar, or the zoo...
No one is like you, Barry!
Post a Comment
<< Home