Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Giving new meaning to "creative work environment"






Here are some pictures of a few of the advertising agencies in Japan that I've visited....My personal favorite I don't have a photo of. Executives don't have offices at this place. They sit at this huge communal table all day and instead of desk lights there are these white glass ducks with yellow bills that glow. Everyone has one. It's supposed to make the underlings feel more comfortable approaching the big shots at the company. I can imagine it now: A timid office lady hoping to one day realize her dream of creating ways to sell people things they don't need desperately wants to approach the CEO. But she just doesn't have the nerve. Then she notices it: He has a glow duck on his desk! He must be open to talking to me! And with that she musters up the courage to ask for a raise....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home